1.09.2012

Bed Rest: Evening 9 and Day 10

Day 9 was great in one way....I got to see my Jaeli (previous post).  The evening...NOT so much.  I was chatting with my mom, brother and SIL when the pressure and pain started.  It was not pleasant to begin with, but of course got worse....and FAST!!!!  All of a sudden I wanted to push.  I felt Airalyn (head down, right up the middle) was coming.  It hurt so bad that I can't even explain the pain.  I called for a nurse and 20 min passed.  I called again and still nothing.  Finally my brother ran into the hall and said he thought we were having a baby.  Immediately, 6-8 people were in my room preparing me to be transferred to Labor and Delivery.  I was sobbing and don't remember a ton.

My mom's account says they ripped my bed from this room and ran me down the hall.  When I got to L & D they threw a catheder back in and started fluids in my IV immediately (I honestly can't remember if they started Mag again or not.)  They even shaved me for crying out loud....TMI I know.  The Anesthesia Doctor and a nurse were outside my door ready to rush me into the OR....the OR was ready and the NICU had been informed.

Dr. Deschamps arrived and checked my cervix....NOTHING HAD CHANGED....I WAS STILL A 4.   Why all the pain?  The pain continued, and I still felt I needed to push.  I was freaking out!  They started some anxiety and pain medication in my IV and tilted me WAYYYYY back to get the pressure off my cervix.  The medicine started to kick in and I eventually calmed down.  The pain and pressure were still there, but not like it had been.  SCARIEST thing since I've been here...........I was terrified.  I am sooooo relieved my mom, brother and SIL were here.  My mom called Dan, because he had JUST gotten home with Jaeli.  Michael and Megan met him in the parking lot and took Jaeli to their house to make a snowman so my mom could stay.  Dan's parents came and were there for support.  The rest of the evening was a fog...due to the great drugs I had coursing through my system.  I DO know that we had 3 great couples from our Ward come and visit, but I honestly don't remember much from our conversations.

That reminds me, THANK YOU, THANK YOU to all of those who have come up to visit and help.  Some of you have taught me things, some of you have brought things to lift my spirits, and some have just come to chat (LOVE CHATTING!)  We love you all. 

Yesterday, Day 10, I stayed in L & D until about 6:00 pm.  They did quite a bit of monitoring, contractions and babies (the babies are fabulous)  They made sure to tell the floor (Post or Anti-partum I guess it's called--where you go AFTER you've had your baby (ies)) that whenever I call, they need to be there.  Dan stayed most of the day, and my mom brought Jaeli up again.  She makes me smile so much.  Later, after I had been moved to PP, a L & D nurse, I hadn't met yet, came over and gave me a mani/pedi.  It was soooo relaxing and made me feel pretty because let's face it.....I'm anything BUT that these days.  Jaeli is even concerned I'm not wearing make-up.  HAH!

Here are some photos:
 You can't tell, but they're sparkly too! :)  Since I'm having all girls, pink/sparkly was the way to go!
 The first thing I'VE ever made that is crafty!  On to my second one! :)  Thanks Carrie.
 My snack drawer!  HAHA!  Thanks everyone! :)
 Beautiful flowers from my mom, Aunt Betty and Grandparents.
 
My diaper cake from Shaelyn and the cute Mia Maids in my Ward.  Thanks so much girls!
 Just wanted to say thanks for EVERYTHING!  To my Ward friends as well for the great Baby Shower you threw for me!  YEA! :)
 
The quote I TRIED to post the other day.  It's one of my favorites now. 

5 comments:

Jennylyn said...

Hang in there girl! We're are praying and pulling for you up here! Take care, we love you!

Little Barney Family said...

I read your blogs everyday, and everyday I cry over them!! I can't even imagine the emotional rollercoaster you have been on. You are such a strong woman and you will be so blessed by those 3 little ones for going through what you have!! I wish I lived closer so I could help, but just know that you are in our prayers!! (My parents have kept you in theirs as well!!) Love you!!

The Pohlman Family said...

Oh Nat, this brought tears to my eyes...I'm sorry for the pain you are going through. I went through preterm labor with my first and had to get the Mag and steroid shots, and bed rest for 2 weeks....Terribly misserable...I can't even immagine doing with with THREE and for such a longer period of time. I know I've said this before but If I was there, I would definately step it up and help you so much. I've learned a greater appritiation for people and asking for help since living here in Illinois. Its hard being here without family but have such a good family ward that steps up. LOVE YOU!

Lindsey T said...

You're awesome Nat! I'm so glad we got to come see you yesterday and see that you're in good hands!! You're so crafty too, I'm loving those little hats your making!!

Alisha said...

Hang in there! You're doing great! Praying for you & those babies!