1.07.2012

Bed Rest : Day 8 and 9

Thursday night I hurt really bad.  Cramping, contractions and lots of pressure.  I tried to just sleep it off, because they don't have me monitored all the time over here.  Friday morning, Shae stopped by and I just didn't feel good.  I still really hurt and was relieved when my nurse told me MFM wanted to see me again that morning.  They monitored for quite a while....contractions and babies, and I continued to hurt.  Dr. Jiricko and my High Risk Doc, Andrus were both there.  They came to chat and Jiricko checked me.  I had dilated more...I am now a 3-4.  No wonder I had been hurting.  They discussed with us taking the babies if I got to a 5-6, because they're so teeny they don't need 10 to come out.  I was a mess.  I was admitted to Labor and Delivery again to slow the contractions, they were 3 min. apart.  They started an IV with fluid and more Mag and started Indocine for my uterus again.  I was VERY miserable for a while.  I was given Lortab last night as well for the pain.  I am so thankful for Dan's family watching Jaeli, my mom for letting her spend the night and Dan being here to spend the night at the Hospital.  It was a mess, so it was good to have support.

This morning, Saturday,  Dr. Deschamps asked us about another complication.....if one baby is in distress.  Do we let her pass and try to keep the other 2 in?  Or do we deliver them all?  Dan and I decided we wanted to deliver them all. Dr. Deschamps said it was a good decision.....since they are 25 weeks now.  I feel really good about that decision...that all my girls are going to be ok. My cathiter came out, they took me off Mag, disconnected my IV and moved me back to the Floor instead of Labor and Delivery. I am hoping for a quiet, relaxing day with NO MORE DILATION OR CONTRACTING! 

The best part of my day?!  Jaeli girl gets to come up and see me.  They have arranged for me to have a wheelchair ride our into the waiting area so I can be with her.  It's been 8 days now.  I miss my 'Pea' terribly.  Fast forwarding, here are some pics Jaeli took and then some others:

 HAHA, nice of Daddy and me....she wanted Daddy's gum in the pic...don't ask what I'm doing.
 Mmmm, I think this is 23 weeks huge.
 My 'Pea' and me.  I think the wheelchair scared her.
 Then she cuddled up to me. :)
 One from Jaeli.
She wanted one of the teeny baby diaper mom was holding.  Nice Nat, lookin' good. :)
OH!  I think we've finalized our baby names:
Airalin Natalie
Brecklin Barbara
Camli Karen
I've had to get past the fact, that A LOT of people aren't going to like them...I say to you, so sorry! :)  HAHA!

8 comments:

Kristin said...

I was in the Clearfield/Layton area the other day and I thought to come visit you but I had my kids and remembered that they're not allowed. But I want you to know that I'm thinking of you and I continue to pray for you and the babies.

Zundel Girls....AND Daddy said...

You're so sweet Kristin! I wish little ones were allowed. Thanks for thinking of us,and prayers are ALWAYS welcome! :)

Heidi said...

I LOVE the names!! unique just like Jaeli! Glad your doing a little better. I seem to pick bad days to come see you. Love ya!

Trisha said...

Oh deary! I am praying that the babies will stay in a bit longer! Thanks for keeping us posted.

Aunt Judy said...

I am glad you got to see Jaeli. Hang onto those babies, eat lots of protein, and remember we are all praying for you all several times a day!

TP said...

Hang in there Nat! We are praying for you and your girls, all four of them! I like the names and you can't please everyone with them. My dad doesn't like Sarah of all names. Sleep well!

Jeff n Jill said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeff n Jill said...

feel your pain...literally! This is so close to home for me. I hate to see anyone go through this!

This is Rebecca Mancil's sister-in-law. We met at a playgroup a few months ago.

Andrus was my MFM also! I remember all of those drugs... I am impressed that they are allowing you to sit up, wheelchair around ...

I read a previous post about the scariness of the NICU and it is scary, but it is also amazing that when it is your own baby, you can do it! Jeff (who is an OB) could barely touch Sydney at first he was so scared to break her. I, on the other hand, was all about wanting to change her diaper, and help out with any and all things that I could. It was still scary and I still cried, but mostly cuz she was here finally and I couldn't believe how much I loved her.

Quick tip... have an object around that eveyone knows is a certain size and take a weekly picture of your babies with it. Also, have your wedding rings available. I can't believe that Sydney's four fingers fit inside mine! We do have a picture of it.

Sydney did wear "American Girl Doll" clothes too... once she was a bit bigger and the IVs were out. I do have some preemie cloth tips too...but I won't bore you now...you've got plenty of time before they are here!

Hang in there! I know it's hard to be away from family, the way I thought about it was - I was going to be in the hospital until Sydney was 40 weeks, whether it was me in the bed & her cooking or her in the bed & cooking. I liked the first option better.

Everyday counts so much! Good luck with it!