1.16.2012

Bed Rest: Day 17 and 18: A Note Home?

Yesterday, Day 17, was Sunday.  It was a fairly quiet day.  My mom came up and spent the afternoon with me which was really fun.  We watched football and had lunch.....our sandwiches were HUGE!  HAHA!  It was hilarious.  Thanks mom for helping me so much.  In the evening, about 4:00, I started to hurt, really, really bad.  It felt like I needed to push again and I was so crampy and achy.  They put me on the monitor, but of course it didn't show me contracting.  They called Labor and Delivery over and they checked my cervix.  4  and 80% effaced.  Some change had occurred, but they kept me here.

Dr. Litster came by this morning and told me she had put the request in for me to go home anyway.  Now, I'm just waiting for Dr. Andrus (High Risk) to come over and talk about it with me. Ultimately, he makes the decision.  I don't know what I hope for.  I would love to be home, but at the same time it scares me to be away in case something happens.  I've been fine for quite a few days now, but knowing my luck, I'll get home and the first day I'll have issues.  I'll let you know and add more here after I talk with Andrus.  So, this is being added later, but Dr. Andrus came in about 5:30.  He said I could go home!!!!!!!  AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!  Soooo excited!  Basically he said that there hasn't been much change and at this point I could sit here another 4 weeks....and that would be the time I could be at home.  "Why not try it,Natalie", he said.  "If ANY little things happens you come back up and then just realize at that point you would be here until you deliver."  I trust his decision.  Even if I can be home for 2 days!  Soooo excited!  Dan is coming to get me in the morning and then I get to be home with my baby and him. 

MMFP

No comments: