1.18.2012

Bed Rest: Day 19--Goin' Home (Written OnThe Day After)

Yesterday was an emotional roller coaster for me, and I contracted quite a bit because I was so upset!  HAHA! 

As you know, my High Risk Doc came in Monday night to chat with me about going home.  He said to go home and that he'd write the order.....and he NEVER did.  My nurse came in and told me I MAY not be going because he hadn't written ANYTHING...documented nothing about me going home.  And of course, he had the day off yesterday.  I immediately got really upset, blubbering all over myself and feeling so upset.  Dan was mad and wanted to get a hold of the High Risk Doc, he asked me his first name.  I don't know it, so maybe that was a good thing, because Dan was NOT happy.  My nurse came back in and told me the OB on yesterday, Dr. Wood, was looking for any documentation and trying to figure out what to do.  She finally went to Dr. Major, the OTHER High Risk Doc, and chatted with her about it.  They decided to write their own orders and send me home.  It was emotional 2 hours of me thinking I was NEVER going to get out of there.  Dr. Wood checked me one last time, and I hadn't dilated any more...still a 4.  She told me I was on STRICT bed rest at home and told me to keep taking the vitamins and medications they had given me in the hospital.  She also gave me Procardia, the medication that calms my contractions.  She did say, however, if I do have them, take 1 pill.  If they continue or get worse, I need to come back in. 

My first night home was great.  I had so much fun with Jaeli, even though she just sat next to me and cuddled, and Dan was AWESOME.  He cleaned some and helped me feel comfortable.  When we put Jaeli down for bed, she came back out about 6 different times....it had made her hyper to have me home.  Then she was worried I was going to leave again.  Dan finally rocked her to sleep and she slept through the night.  We had some unexpected dinners brought over....and some expected.  THANKS SO MUCH EVERYONE FOR YOUR LOVE, CONCERN and HELP. 

Being home is a little strange for me still.  I'll get used to it though, don't you worry.  It is a bit harder than being in the hospital, only because I DO want to be up cleaning or doing things with Jaeli.  I'm practicing SELF CONTROL!  I did sleep REALLY well last night though and am sooooo happy to be back!

I'll update you in the next couple days and especially if anything happens.  :)

3 comments:

Jennylyn said...

Ya!!! So happy you're home with your little family. Take care of yourself and take it easy, we love you!

Unknown said...

I am sooooo happy you get to come home!!! Be good though! I know how easy it is to want to do things. Don't. Let's keep those babies in for many more weeks!!! Miss you!!

TP said...

Heard your good news! Congrats!!! Hope you get feeling better after everything you and the little ones have gone through! Had to laugh when your Facebook posted how many weeks along you were. Too funny!