1.14.2012

Bed Rest: Day 16

Today is Saturday and it has been really calm.....contraction wise and such.  Before I talk about today, I'll tell you about my night.  I did not get to bed until like 3:00am because of something that happened just across the hall from me.  All of a sudden I heard screaming and somebody yelling for a nurse.  The yelling continued as a Code was called.  The hallway right outside my door was CRAZY!  I could hear everything and there were sooo many people.  My first thought was someone was in labor.  My second thought was someone had had their baby and something bad was happening to the baby.  After the commotion, the nurse came in to check on me.  She knew I'd be freaking out, and I WAS!  I had started to contract and such just from being scared.  She explained to me that the patient had JUST been admitted over here 20 minutes earlier for Toxemia...EXTREMELY high and dangerous blood pressure.  She had gone into the bathroom and seized.  When she fell seizing, she cut her face up pretty bad on the bathroom floor so there was blood everywhere.  It was her mom that was screaming so much.  They rushed the patient to the OR and C-sectioned her.  Later later the nurse told me the patient and baby were both fine.  It freaked me out soooo much that I just couldn't sleep.  Should have taken an Ambien.

So, I didn't sleep until 3:00 am and then my nurse woke me up at 7:00 am with a Labor and Delivery nurse to do my second FFN test.  That's NOT pleasant to wake up to something like that.  ANYHOW, the results were negative.  97-99% chance that I WILL NOT deliver in the next 2 weeks.  GREAT for the girls huh?!  Dr. Litster came by and discussed going home.  They are going to do another MFM appointment on Monday with me, and if they give the ok, I can go home for a while.  I don't want to get my hopes up too much, but I am really excited. 

Jaeli, Dan and my mom came to visit me today.  I love to see them.  Cuddling and hugging Jaeli makes my day.  She was all decked out in her Beauty and the Beast dress-up dress, because my mom had taken her to Beauty and the Beast in the Theatre earlier.  She had so much fun.  I can't express my thanks to ALL who are helping with my baby girl, Dan and ME! :)  I'll update you tomorrow.

Pictures:
My 'Belle' of the Ball and Me

Cute little thing.

No comments: