1.11.2012

Bed Rest: Day 13--End of My Rope

* Anyone have extra rope I can borrow?  I had a major meltdown this morning.  Dr. Major, from Perinatology, came to visit with me, and I was frustrated.  I am not sure if the nurses complained or what, but they've now decided they are not going to monitor me like they have been.  They usually don't monitor 25 weekers like they have been with me, so they have decided just to do heart tones on them and then do the Toco, contraction monitor, on me.

* My question now is, why not send me home then?  The main reason I thought we were here was for the close monitoring, etc.  Dr. Jiricko will be by soon, and I'm going to ask her what she thinks.  I understand things could happen quickly, but with that negative test stating we had 2-3 weeks BEFORE the babies would come, which is like 90 somethin' percent accurate, let's send me home.  I have had a TON of pressure and pain today.  I feel like it's for nothing, because nothing changes!  They gave me some Tylenol, but it usually doesn't do anything for me....we'll see. 

* A Social Worker came in today to talk with me.  We talked a bit about Jaeli and determined it was best for her to be able to come see me.  I'm hoping they keep okaying the wheelchair rides.  She was very nice and mentioned they'd even come play games with me or rent movies for me.

*The HIGHLIGHT of my Day*
* NICU phone call with Dr. Christensen: We have passed through the most troubling part...we're on the improvement slope with the girls.  They have a 90% survival rate now instead of just under 50%, and in just 2 weeks have gained 3/4 lb. each.  He also said I deserved a trophy for holding them in for 2 more weeks!  HAHA!  I really, really like him.

*Questions for Dr. Jiricko*
*Could I go home because we're not monitoring as much?: Monitoring won't really effect the outcome....willing to revisit if we have a few days of quiet and the NEXT Fetal Fiber Nectan Test is negative.
*Are wheelchair rides still ok?:  Definately!  As long as I'm not having any symptoms.
*Fetal Fiber Nectan Test?  When?:  Yes, probably THIS Friday with High Risk.
*High Risk appointments?: Tomorrow for the babies Bio-Physical Profile and weekly after that.
*IV Out?: As long as things are quiet...it's ok to not have it in.  If I start to have symptoms, I have to get another one because we never know what's happening and how fast things are going to go.  YEA for IV free right now! :)
My 'Missing My Family' Picture of the Day

1 comment:

Mandy said...

I can't imagine how frustrating it is to be in the hospital on bed rest! Hang in there though... (you're probably really sick of hearing that!) This will all seem like a blur in a few months when you're home going crazy with three tiny babies! You can do it! Sending happy thoughts and prayers your way!