11.22.2011

First Scare......

A day last week ( I think Thursday) I couldn't walk.  I was having SEVERE lower back pain and was sobbing.  My first instinct told me I was contracting....well, and I could tell.  My stomach would tighten and relax over and over along with the back pain.  When I was in labor with Jaeli, I didn't have much pain in my abdomen with contrations....it was my lower back as well, so I was freaking out.  I called my OB's office and they wanted to see me immediately.  She was already at the hospital to deliver another baby, but wanted to see me ASAP.  My mom came and got Jaeli for the night and Dan ran me in.  She checked me, 3 different ways mind you, and determined I was NOT dilated and my cervix along with the babies looked great!  YEA!  She told me she really thought when she heard severe lower back pain that I had dilated to at least a 5.  She also said she didn't doubt I WAS contracting, they just aren't doing anything to change my cervix yet, THANK GOODNESS!!!!  My doctor prescribed some Lortab for the back pain, but only 5 pills.  HAHA!  They've actually helped.  I am so grateful everything was ok.  Hang on in there babies....we have AT LEAST 5-6 weeks until you'd be ok to be born.  Mommy and Daddy love you.  Thank you for your continued prayers and thoughts.

2 comments:

Jewls said...

5-6 weeks?! CRAZY! Hopefully they wait longer than that, we're all voting for short hospital stay so we can come snuggle those little cuties!

Kristin said...

I'm glad everything is okay now. I remember with my first I had some bleeding and it scared me to death. And the pressure thing is the worst! With my third I was feeling it bad and it felt like the baby was just going to fall right out. I can't even imagine it with three little ones in there. Well, hang in there and as you know it will all be worth it.