10.18.2011

Bruises, IV Therapy and Allergies

A quick update about the Home IV therapy....

Saturday was my first scheduled day to go in and have them change my IV site.  I was excited because it was in the crease of my RIGHT, and yes I'm right handed, elbow and was just annoying.  They tried to put another one in and blew a vein.  Then they got one in on my left inside forearm.  It infiltrated, wasn't in my vein anymore, that night.  It hurt soooo bad trying to get fluid in.  So, I called them, had my mom come and take my IV out and went back in Sunday morning to get another one.  They blew another vein and then got it in my right wrist.  It infiltrated and clotted yesterday, Monday, morning.  My mom came out again, took it out and now I'm waiting to go in this morning to get another one placed.  At this point, I would almost rather be REALLY sick again than keep going with this.  I'm not being a whoos, it really is painful to have them blow veins and then have them not work.  My arms are bruised EVERYWHERE!!!  Here's hoping this one takes.

A different update, we finally found out about Jaeli's allergy testing.  She is allergic to cat dander and egg whites.  No wonder my poor little one is having such a hard time.  I bawled all day yesterday, because I have to get rid of my 2 kitties.  Jaeli comes first, but it's still hard to get rid of them.  I worry about Cinni mostly.  She hides from everyone and isn't really a cuddly thing.  She may be put right down.  Samsun may have a fighting chance. 

2 comments:

Troy and Lisa said...

Oh Nat, I am so so so sorry! I bet you're just crying every day. I know that doesn't make it better, but I feel for you, you should be crying every day! The worst month of my life included constant IVs and then the blood clots that followed and it's such a pain! I'm hoping that all gets better soon, and that your kitties find good homes!

Julie Wood said...

Natalie,
I am so glad for you that you (hopefully) won't have to have the IV anymore! You are such a trooper; you can do it!