10.13.2011

Home IVs and Separate Placentas

Well, here's the latest....first, before I forget, I've been feeling the babies move for about a week now.....the movements are just getting stronger.  It's awesome!

Monday of this week, I could barley get out of bed.  I called my doctor and she wasn't in, but her PA, Amy, said to come in and get evaluated.  Again, I was severly dehydrated, and they sent me down to get 2 liters of fluid...I almost had to have 3.  Amy also talked about Home Care IV Therapy.  We checked with Insurance, and decided it would be best to try it. 

Tuesday, a delivery truck pulled up with all kinds of goodies....bags of fluid, vitamins to inject into those bags, syringes full of Zofran, etc.  Then about an hour later, the Home Care Nurse showed up.  I love her!  She tried to get my IV in my left arm, because I'm right handed, but I was so dehydrated that after 3 different pokes they had get it in my right arm, right in the crease of my elbow!  HAHA...bad spot.  Oh well.  Then she trained me on how to give myself the Zofran and fluids.  It's been going well.  I'm almost a nurse!  JK!  I feel so much better with the fluids and have actually been able to eat a little....BIG ACCOMPLISHMENT!

Today, Oct. 13, we had our first meeting with Perinatology at the Hospital.  We found out I ovulated 3 different eggs....all of the babies have their own placentas!  YEA!  That really is good news...no twin to twin infusion and such.   Also, they found that Baby C is a boy!  Oh yes, he was bearing all! :)  I am soooo excited I get a boy.  Well, at least one.  We go back in a month and we'll see what the other 2 are.  So far, so good............Keep the fluids flowin'! :)

4 comments:

Gwen said...

Oh my gosh! I just happened upon your blog! Triplets? That's fabulous! Congratulations! Good luck to you!

Lindsey T said...

Yay for a boy! And not yay for the IVs. I'm glad things are going well though. That's so awesome that you're feeling them move already!

Lovely Lizzy said...

Congrats on the boy! And I am glad that you could eat a little. I would declare you a kind of nurse. I can't even imagine having to hook myself up to an IV all the time. You are amazing! I hope you continue to get better, and if you are up to it, we're heading to Black Island Farms on Monday. I hope things continue to improve.

TP said...

Glad the fluids are helping! Yea for a boy. Hope this is the hardest part of your pregnancy. Good luck!