2.01.2010

'Make a Complaint Monday'- Let's Think Here.....PLEASE?!

*WARNING* This Post is quite long, but once you start reading it, you'll understand why.

Yup, it's Monday again, which means another awesome 'Make a Complaint Monday' post. I think this idea is spectacular because EVERYONE needs to vent once in a while, YES EVERYONE. Feel free to comment on my complaint or leave one of your own.

This weekend, we attended Dan's Uncle Rodney's Funeral in Chubbuck, Idaho. A lot of the family was there and it was nice. Regardless of how nice it looked, how nice it was that the Funeral Home had a children's room with toys and such, and how nice it was to see the family, it was a sad time. The family is struggling with trying to understand, rightfully so, and Uncle Rodney even looked sad. Uncle Rodney is the youngest of nine siblings (he is Karen's brother). He was very sad and decided to take his own life. We are praying that he is at peace now and has found some comfort in his other family members that may have already passed.

The Funeral was very nice with Uncle Rodney's brothers and sisters contributing, Karen (my awesome mother-in-law) reciting a poem and Dan and his brother Matt singing a duet. I learned a lot about him, what a caring and considerate person he was and how much fun it was to be around him. After the Funeral, we traveled to the Cemetary where Uncle Rodney was buried next to his mom and dad. Another Uncle's Relief Society then provided a luncheon following the Cemetary.

While sitting next to Dan's sister, Suzi, we were discussing how great the food was. They had some superb fried chicken that I really just wanted to keep eating. The desserts were really good too, well I think. Dan's brother Rich ate my piece of cake! THAT'S RIGHT RICH! I'M CALLING YOU OUT!!!! Anyhow, Suzi then said, "When I die, you all know what to serve at my Funeral, right? Fried Chicken!" Then I mentioned I would like a salad bar at my Funeral.

DURRRRRR!!!!! There sat Dan's mom, the best Mother-in-Law anyone could ask for, listening to our conversation right after we had just gone through Uncle Rodney's Funeral. I didn't THINK about it until it was kind of quiet after my comment. Now, I am not saying anything negative about Suzi at all, because her comment was not heard. It was just mine......STUPID LOUD VOICE!!!!

This is already long, so my point of this 'Make a Complaint Monday' is, PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU SPEAK!!!! There are so many things that could be said that could hurt people without you even realizing. I am not judging, believe me........I am guilty of this as well, but let's all try to be a little more careful about what we say. THINK BEFORE YOU SPEAK! :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Monday complaint is after I watched that darling video of Jaeli,why doesn't my niece do more of them; since she never comes to visit in person I guess the videos will have to take the place of that visit!!!!!! More videos my dear niece, it really turned out cute.

Zach J said...

angel soft toilet paper.... They say it's soft, I say nay nay!

B/L Clark said...

Oh Nat I'm sorry. That sucks! Remind me later to tell you about my comeback against Chase. It will cheer you up.

So here is my complaint.
I hate when my boss is cranky! We have had computer issues at work and we all know who downloaded a bunch of crap on the one that crashed. However instead of getting after the person that did it he sent a nasty gram to all of us taking away our personal computer use. It just irks me!

Rich said...

Thats right I ate your cake...It was tasty too.

Afton said...

I have the same problem Nat. I seem to get my foot stuck in my mouth at least once a week....and I mean really stuck. Last week I told my neighbor how we took a trip to the ER with Luci, and the the doc told us that 1 in 500 little kids that get CAT scans get cancer from it. Then my neighbor cringed, and told me that her 15 month old just had a CAT scan because of her broken leg-which had been backed over by a car in a church parking lot. Doh!