11.13.2009

'It takes a Village to Raise a Child....'

My post today is about a new Blinkie I found, 'I Have Seen the Village, and I want to Raise my OWN Children'.......my goodness how true! I got a message on Face Book from my sister in law. She said that when she went to pick her little boy up from Child Care, somebody had spilled coffee on him! What the freak is what I say to that! Why would you have hot coffee around little ones? Wouldn't you say something to the mother when she arrived to get her son? Wow....wow....wow. Scary world!

Then I have to think about what contributes to a "Village". I think of good people like Grandparents, Great Grandparents, brothers and sisters, spectacular teachers. .....the list COULD go on........I love the good citizens of the "Village".

3 comments:

Kristin said...

That is why I'm scared to death to put my children in day care. I've occassionally thought about going back to work but the very thought of putting my children in day care makes me shudder. Unfortunately some moms don't have the choice and it's sad when something like that happens. I think the village can be people that you surround you and your family with. I don't think it's possible to raise a child without outside influences so it's important to have those good people in your life which I'm sure you do.

Jenn Erickson said...

I've never seen that saying, but I love it! So true!

Unknown said...

I like your blinkie, and your blog! How fun! Good luck with the bottle thing....3 out of 4 of my kids wouldn't take one no matter what I did. Is she still nursing? If she is, just embrace it! Really, I found that getting frustrated with it just makes it worse. I know it's hard, but enjoy your time nursing her, it goes by so fast!