11.14.2009

Not Without My Winter Coat!


I am NOT ready for Winter to come. It was a chilly but beautiful morning...clear blue skies and all. Then, when I was leaving from doing crafts all morning, the blizzard had hit. It was CRAZY!!!! I was freezing all day long. It made me think, 'Okay Nat, you REALLY need a new coat.' This is when I was out and about with my mom shopping today. All of a sudden I felt a cold, tingly feeling on my toes and balls of my feet. That is when I realized the soles of my shoes were cracked and the water was gushing into them. 'That's embarrassing....you OBVIOUSLY need new shoes as well.'

Ya know, I've always been about 'What do I WANT for Christmas and the Holidays' or just any time.....not anymore. Having a little girl has made me think about cutting down on the unnecessary.

I am so happy my little Jae had her new winter coat and that adorable hat to keep her head warm. At least she was protected and felt safe........I wouldn't have it any other way. She was so happy and looks like a beautiful blue marshmallow!

Now I realize I made myself sound raggedy... :) I do have nice things, don't worry. Being outside in the cold today just made me realize what is REALLY important.

2 comments:

Jewls said...

Girl- you need to get yo'self some boots! And yes, it was too freakin' cold today, my fingers are still cold even just typing. Time to turn up the heat...may have to battle that out with Lance. pooh.

Lindsey T said...

That hat looks familiar! :) She looks so cute in it! I hate that feeling of water seeping into your shoes!! But, I also LOVE a valid reason to shop!!