1.18.2010

'Make a Complaint Monday'- Fill 'er Up

This is a NEW ADDITION to my Blog. It's Make a Complaint Monday! Feel free to leave a comment about my complaint, or make a complaint of your own.

Let me start out by saying, I apologize to any of you that are or EVER have been waiters or waitresses. Ever since I could remember, I have ADORED eating out. To this day, I could eat out for every meal. The atmosphere, the good food, the people you go with. Ah, nothing beats it.

My FAVORITE thing, however, is the soda. I know, it's my ultimate weakness in life. Dr. Pepper just makes me feel better. It helps me forget that I feel non-productive ALL the time. It also helps with my headaches. Well, REALLY, secretly, I think that it contributes a great deal to my headaches. If I don't have a Dr. Pepper for a few days, the migraines come rollin' in. Stupid caffeine.

ANYHOW, so it is not ANY surprise that the biggest thing I look for is if the waiter/waitress keeps the drinks refilled. Is it not a HUGE pet peeve when you're sitting there enjoying the chit chat, eating awesome food, you go to take a sip of soda and BAM!!! It's gone? UGH! Well, the other day, Dan and I are eating out and the waitress was very, well not with it. We either had to ask for EVERYTHING we needed or she would ask, "Oh, do you want more.....". She would NEVER just bring us another drink. It was a long time in between visits to the table, and THEN she would say, "Oh, do you want another drink?" Hmmmmm............REALLY?

Then today, I went to lunch with two of my friends. Now, it was crazy, I'll give her that, but we were NOT impressed with our Waitress. She was so busy with all of her other tables, but we didn't seem to matter. BLAH.

Well, this is my complaint for this Monday. Again, apologies to any of you that are in the business.

5 comments:

Kristin said...

I'm the same way. I feel like I shouldn't have to ask for a refill. I'll let it slide one time but it really bugs me if I have to keep asking for things instead of them asking me if I need anything. It is their job! My husband and I like the food at one particular restaurant but the service is horrible so we don't go there any more even though we like the food. I don't want to sound like a snob because I've worked in food service and know how it is but come on.

Zundel Girls....AND Daddy said...

Kristin, you're the best. I always love to hear your comments...you seem to know how I feel. Thanks!

B/L Clark said...

Ok my official Monday complaint is that I haven't been able to ride my horse for like a month. I want to ride so bad, but my husband won't watch the baby long enough that I can. The funny thing is he was complaining to his brother last night about how difficult our baby is. I cussed him for making it sound a lot worse than it is. We have the best baby and he is good probably 95 percent of the time. Then he admitted that he was just selfish with his time. Which is definately true. And honestly he has nothing to complain about he only watches the baby when I'm at work, the rest of the time I have him. I HAVEN'T RODE MY HORSE IN A MONTH!

Zach J said...

Make A Complaint Monday:

Obama.......enough said

Zach J said...

Resediency requirments