1.04.2012

Bed Rest: Day 6

Perinatology Meeting Today:
* Babies look GREAT!  Perfect in EVERY way.  Amniotic Fluid is perfect, anatomy is perfect and all 3 are  STILL girls.  Baby A is head down, Baby B is head down and Baby C is breech.
* Baby A: 1 lb. 8 oz.
* Baby B: 1 lb. 5 oz.
* Baby C: 1 lb. 10 oz.
* Cervix checked was a bit alarming....my cervix is gone already....that happened fast, and I freaked out.  I started to cry.  The High Risk Doctor did say I COULD make it another month, another 3 weeks, etc....everything is up in the air now.
* We are still discussing me going home, POSSIBLY Friday afternoon, but I really don't think that will happen now that my cervix is completely thinned.  The worry is if my water breaks at home, and I deliver a baby at home or in the car, she may not survive...where if I'm here, the NICU is here and she has a MUCH better chance.

The Physical Therapist came in today and worked on my arms and legs.  It's crazy how weak I am already.  High Risk wants to send a NICU nurse over to chat with me about what to expect from these tiny ones.  We're going to continue you now as we have been the past few days.  Just medicine for the contractions and bed rest here.  Another update to come tomorrow.

NICU Call: Dr. Christensen
* 3 neonatologists, 1 for each baby
* Lots of tests done: blood from placentas NOT the babies themselves
* 3 Respiratory Therapists: 1 for each baby--first breaths sooo important
* Colostrum--important, even drops
* Every day I can keep them in= 2 more days for the babies

3 comments:

Waiting for the One=-) said...

We are thinking about you. Thanks for the updates. xoxo

nevadavans said...

Thanks for the updates - you are in our prayer and thoughts!! You can do this Nat - you are incredible! P.S. and by the way - I think you are truly AWESOME! Love you tons and sending positive thoughts and prayers to you and your family - and the babies way - and Jaeli's way too!

Jewls said...

Oh my Nat, we're playing like crazy here! Hopefully they'll get comfy in stay in there for a few more months! Love you!