12.18.2009

A Horrible Feeling.....

Tonight, I want to post about how thankful I am to drivers that are aware of their surroundings. My mom, Jaeli and I were pulling out of a Bank parking lot. The traffic was heavy with last minute Christmas shoppers and I, being the blonde (actually, just non-thinking person at the time) that I am, was trying to turn left. The road I was trying to turn onto is a four-lane road.....2 lanes both ways.

As I was patiently waiting to pull out, the person in the lane closest to me stopped to let me in. "
WOW", I thought. "Hard to find a person lately that is nice enough to let someone in." So......YUP, I pulled out, not even thinking about the lane next to the woman that had stopped for me......and there it was...a black Honda zooming toward me. It's a horrible feeling of, "I know I'm going to get hit, or something bad is going to happen, what do I do?" Here is why I am totally grateful to those drivers that pay attention to their surroundings and don't bury their heads in their cell phones. She saw everything and slammed on her brakes as fast as she could. By the time she hit me, it wasn't that hard at all. She has some scratches and a cracked lower light on the front of her car. My Subi has a small chunk missing by the driver's side tire. It could have been so much worse!!!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU for being careful drivers and paying attention, even though I was not today! Be safe on the roads!

2 comments:

Lindsey T said...

I'm so sorry Nat! That is a horrible feeling!! I'm so glad you're all okay and it ended up being minor!

Jewls said...

Oh Nat! Accidents are the worst, I'm glad it was really small! Thank heaven for insurance eh?